Aidpage is a
support network.
Ask for help
Offer help
Sign up now
Talking about:
4 posts
9,830 visits

Comment: We are senior citizens and...

winnylee started this conversation
Note: This aidpage was started as a comment on "US Federal Government Grants, Scholarships, Loans, Free Services"

We are senior citizens and we have just lost a lawsuit with the county for installing a tile under the road to run rainwater down to the sinkhole at the end of our home. It is destroying our home and we want help in repairing the sink hole damage and repairng the damage to our home because of the destruction the rain water has created to our home and lawn. Is there a grant for this?
Click here to add your comment...
 in response to CZ...

Talk to shrewd1
HUD Announces Emergency Capital Grants - First-Come, First-Served!

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) recently announced the availability of $9.5 million in emergency capital repair grants to eligible multifamily projects designated for elderly tenants, owned by private not-for-profits. The repairs must correct an immediate threat to the resident's health, safety and quality of life, and are only for items that can't be funded with the project's available resources. The maximum grant is $500,000, which, along with any other available funds, must fully remediate the emergency conditions. The period of performance shall be based on the scope of work, and will not exceed 12 months. This funding announcement includes a first-time requirement to submit applications, due no earlier than Dec. 9, using the online process. 

View a copy of the Federal Register Notice, read more at Emergency Capital Repairs - NOFA 11-08 (doc).

Talk to shrewd1
Is there grant money for a senior wanting  training in a new field.  CZ
Talk to CZ